Founded in 1927, MBAF’s 35,000 square foot brass and aluminum foundry facility is headquartered in Blue Island, IL about 30 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. MBAF’s main focus has always been total customer satisfaction. All employees are committed to knowing their job requirements and are trained in problem solving methods and continuous improvement. We demand the same from our suppliers.
The following is a partial list of quality assurance systems:
- ISO 9001:2008 registered quality systems
- ISO 14001:2004 registered for environmental compliance
- Computerized green sand compactability process control
- Digital pyrometer inspection of molten metals
- Use of CMM for first article, where required.
- Exclusive use of electric melting furnaces
- Continuous industry awareness through association memberships
- State of the art Bruker Ion Spectrometer for in-house metal analysis
MBAF is proud to be a participating member of the following organizations:
- American Foundry Society (AFS)
- AFS Chicago Chapter